The New White House School was founded by Annedore Biberstein, who emigrated to Africa in the 1970′s from Switzerland. It is about 150 km from Mombasa and 10 kilometers from Voi, right on the main Mombasa-Nairobi road, very near where the Tsavo National Park begins.
In this region there are many small, scattered settlements where there are no schools. The few public schools there are mostly have overcrowded classes, where often a single teacher will have 100 to 200 children in a classroom. There is also few teaching materials and most families don’t have enough income to buy their children the necessary school supplies, stationery and school uniform. The New White House School houses 180 Children, some of whom go home with their parents each day, many of whom board, and some that are orphans.
- Pick up at Mombasa or Nairobi Airport
- Transfer to Lions Hill Lodge and check in.
- In the afternoon introduction to White House Academy.
- Location orientation.
- Initial training phase which will be determined by your skills and local requirement.
- Leading educational projects and games.
- Play sports and create art projects.
- Depending on your interest you can work on a variety of activities with the children like -Help building a new classroom, brick making, decorating classrooms and dorms, Improving the work situation by building rainwater harvesting system.
- Inclusive in this itinerary is on your weekend a visit to the Sagala Sanctuary guided by the local ranger who will explain how to take snares out, repair fences and help protect fragile wild habitats.
- Transfer to Mombasa or Nairobi Airport.