1: Marine Mammal Programme
- Welcome meeting and arrival orientation.
- All necessary project training by experienced staff.
- Collecting population and distribution data on marine mammals.
- Determining residence rates and habitat residents.
- Assessing current human impact on dolphins and whales.
- Assisting partners in developing a ‘code of conduct’.
- Immersion in traditional coastal Swahili culture.
- Snorkelling some of Kenya’s finest coral reefs in search of turtles.
- Experiencing the amazing megafauna of the island that includes whales white sharks and manta rays (seasonal).
Volunteers stay within the compound of Shimoni Reef Lodge – in the” Coral House” – in shared accommodation.
Also Special Rates for safari to Kenya’s Nation Parks.
2: Coral Reef & Fish Monitoring
- Coral reef surveying techniques
- Mapping marine park and undertaking biodiversity counts / fish transects for Kenya
- Wildlife Services (KWS) for inclusion in marine park management plan
- Environmental education program with schools and local communities
- For more in depth information on the programme click here