Introduction to Sagala Conservation Programme
Today’s students are searching for more than a lie on the beach and a game drive through national parks when they go on holiday. Young people want to learn from their new environment and leave something positive behind. With this in mind, One Earth Safaris has designed a holistic conservation programme that will provide young adults with a comprehensive understanding of their new surroundings focusing on the interrelation between local communities, wildlife and the environment they inhabit.
The overall aim is to facilitate an outdoor environment for student teams to learn and experience sustainable biodiversity conservation first hand.
- To enable student teams to experience biodiversity conservation first hand with direct contribution to their own carbon footprint.
- To provide a participatory learning environment and build cultural bridges between the local communities and oversees visitors.
- To facilitate practical learning and experience with community, wildlife and environmental issues
- To understand the importance of interdependency with all living creatures.
- To contribute towards improving local community livelihoods through sustainable economical and eco-friendly practices.
- To provide a fun and secure outdoor learning experience for oversees students.
Overview of Activities
The following educational activities have been designed:
- Ranch Conservation
- Socio-Cultural rural life experience
- Animal Husbandry
- Community, Wildlife and Environmental Education Lectures
(NB. Further details are outlined under Activities Section)